RoK doubts over North Korea’s ICBM re-entry technology

North Korea has yet to fully secure the development of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) as it remains unknown whether the one recently fired had successfully re-entered the atmosphere, according to Yi Wan-young, a member of South Korean parliament’s intelligence committee.

Yi said on Monday North Korea’s claim that the missile it tested could carry a new large-sized nuclear warhead is unfounded, adding the agency had not detected any unusual activity at North Korea’s Punggye-ri nuclear test site.

Last Tuesday, North Korea said it successfully tested a new intercontinental ballistic missile, which they allege would be capable of striking anywhere in the world. North Korea already performed 10 missile tests so far this year.

Source: VOV5

Related Post